Storage Bed Pros and Cons
A storage bed is a great option for maximizing space in a small bedroom. A storage bed is a specialized bed frame with under bed storage. The more common varieties feature built-in drawers under the mattress. There is even a type of storage bed where the mattress flips on a hinge so you can use the entire under-bed area. Storage beds are a great option if you want to make the most of the space under your bed.
Storage bed pros:
- There are many models so you can have a stylish bed frame that fits your decor
- Can create a lot of easily accessible storage
- Sturdier and more efficient than using under-bed boxes
Storage bed cons:
- Takes up as much floor space as a real bed – not ideal for a guest bed if you also want to use your spare room as an office or hobby room
- Some types of storage bed need to be in the middle of the room in order for you to access all the drawers – this may be problematic in a small room with limited space
Want more options? Read our Overview of Guest Spare Options.