Roll Away or Folding Beds are a popular guest bed option for people who need a comfortable spare bed, but don’t want to have a bed-sized piece of furniture out all the time. Folding beds are mattresses that are designed to be folded in half and mounted on a specialized metal frame. They are mounted on wheels, and can be rolled from room to room or tucked in a closet when not in use. These portable spare beds allow you to convert any room in your house into a temporary guest room.
Roll Away Bed pros:
- Easy to roll from room to room
- Easy to assemble
- Temporarily turns any room into a guest room
- Folds up small and can be stored – takes up very little floor space
- Cost-effective option for a guest bed
- Provides a better night’s sleep than an air mattress
Roll Away Bed cons:
- Is only available in twin or full size – you would need one bed per guest
- May not be long enough for tall sleepers
- Requires storage space in a closet or garage when not in use
- This is a purely utilitarian piece of furniture – it’s not very attractive so this may not appeal to style-conscious host or guest
Roll Away Bed overview
In summary, Roll Away or Folding Beds are a cost-effective solution for the occasional extra bed. They are sturdier and more comfortable than air mattresses, and are easy to assemble and move around. However, the Roll Away Bed only comes in twin or full sizes, and is one of the least attractive guest bed options available.
Looking for the perfect spare bed?
Wallbeds "n" More's Mobile Bed may be the solution for you. Like the Roll Away bed, this bed is portable (it rolls on casters) and folds away when not in use. Unlike the Roll Away bed, our mobile beds fold into a beautiful ornamental chest and can be used as a piece of décor. It is also available in Full or Queen to better accommodate your guests.